[Techtalk] hello, anyone out there

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Fri Aug 2 09:20:33 EST 2002

On Friday 02 August 2002 03:38 pm, Sam Bradshaw wrote:
> Hi, my name is Sam, I am a fairly experienced NT/Novell user. I have been
> working in IT for a few years and have mainly been involved in Network
> Admin, DB admin, routers, firewalls, that type of thing.
>
> I just installed my first version of Linux Mandrake 8.0 and have a very
> uncomfortable feeling like I am a complete dummy.
>
> Is this what "normal" users feel like when they use their "windows pc"??
> Maybe I have more sympathy now.

Welcome Sam! As you're starting from scratch, I recommend starting with
Mandrake's manuals. Just work your way through in sequence. It may sound
tedious, but you'll get off the ground a lot faster, and experience a lot
less frustration.

Then you can move up to the Big Geek books, like Running Linux and Essential
System Administration.

www.linuxnewbie.org is a good resource, and the Linux Cookbook,
http://www.dsl.org/cookbook/

--