[Techtalk] Printer trouble - minor breakthrough

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Sun Apr 28 22:15:09 EST 2002

Conni,

Doubtful if this will help, but interesting, because I did note that you had
a Canon and an Epson printer.

We have a Canon BJ-200e, which was a royal pain to set up in Mandrake 8.1 (I
realize you are using RH).  The interesting thing was that after reading
about foomatic and omni and all that stuff, what ended up working was setting
a jumper on the printer which actually categorizes it as an Epson 24 pin, and
VOILA, it printed fine, and I didn't use CUPS, I used KUPS (the KDE version),
and that was on a Win2000 shared printer.  It didn't need foomatic or omni,
just the Epson 24 driver.

As I said, not sure if that's helpful, but since the printers seem to be
somewhat related I thought it might give you a lead or something!

Good luck!
Tabatha

--
Tabatha Persad