[Techtalk] Printer trouble - minor breakthrough

Conni ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Sun Apr 28 16:52:01 EST 2002

I uninstalled all the print stuff again, then reinstalled it.  After
racking my brain a while and reading the documentation, I went to GIMP and
successfully set up the printer there.  I even printed a small image.  So
gimp-print can make this stupid printer work.

Still one problem, though: printconf-gui still doesn't list my printer,
and there aren't any printers that it thinks is equivalent.

I'd like to be able to print from, say abiword with this printer, or even
use the better drivers from gimp-print for my old Canon (which works
sufficiently for printing things like papers, but the edges are kind of
fuzzy.)

Conni
befuddled, perplexed, etc.

--
I'm having some difficulty with the idea that an AI needs nookie.
			-Michael, User Friendly 6/01/99

		  www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt