[Techtalk] printer help needed

Conni ccovingt at one-eyed-alien.net
Sat Apr 27 20:12:11 EST 2002

On Apr 27, Akkana conjectured:
> In the end, I finally got printing working, and here is what I have:
>
> >From the RH 7.2 update site:
>   LPRng-3.7.4-28
>   Omni-0.5.0-4.i386.rpm
>   Omni-foomatic-0.5.0-4.i386.rpm
>   printconf-0.3.52-1.i386.rpm
>   printconf-gui-0.3.52-1.i386.rpm
>   foomatic-1.1-0.20011018.7.i386.rpm
> ghostscript-6.51-16 (I think this came from rpmfind.net)
> ghostscript-fonts-5.50-3 (maybe also rpmfind?)
> gimp-print-4.2.0 (source tarball from gimp-print.sourceforge.net)
>   (4.2.1 is out now, I'd probably downlad that)

Okay, I have all of these now, and I'm reading the gimp-print readme, and
it says that cups is required for gimp-print.  It also looks like I need
to ./configure with foomatic and ghostscript, after I ./configure, make,
and make install the program by itself.  Am I reading that right?

Then if I run printconf I should be able to get it working?  Is that
right?

Conni
(not very skilled at this sort of thing)

--
You can't kill me.  I have a cat.

		  www2.one-eyed-alien.net/~ccovingt