[Techtalk] Real Audio Probs...

E. Sterling Wall sterling at sumgai.co.uk
Thu Apr 25 00:38:29 EST 2002

I just loaded Real Player for Linux on my system, but the sound doesn't
come out right at all. Using Native or Old OSS driver settings, the
sound is like something from a record going backwards, only scratchier.
I've tried disabling 16 bit playback and custom sampling rates and there
is no improvement. When I try to use ESD I get no sound at all (yes,
I've checked and ESD is running according to the machine).

The good news is that I get crystal clear video...

Does anyone know of a way to fix the sound problems, or is there
somewhere on the net where I could find more help on this? Real's
support for this player is nonexistent, and the knowledge base was no
help at all. :(

Alternately, is there another app I could try for playing real media?
Perhaps a plugin for xmms?

- elizabeth (who's tired of only listening to mp3 radio shows and would
like to listen to something new...)

Sumgai Technology
http://www.sumgai.co.uk
p. 01628 780738