[Techtalk] libx missing files question

syriusstar * syriusstar at techie.com
Sat Apr 13 21:10:33 EST 2002

I am a fairly new user on Linux. I am using slackware 8. I've been trying to get snes9x working, but i get an error that i am missing shared object files. When I "ldd snes9x" it lists libXxf86dga.so.1 and libXxf86vm.so.1 as not found. I have the archive files for these, however i have no shared object file. Is there a way for me to convert the archive to shared object, or is there a way that i can get these files. If not, am I doing something wrong that I don't know about.

Thank you -Brandi