[Techtalk] Re: [Newchix] Re: Your Compuq (er, Compaq) machine

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Thu Apr 11 18:13:58 EST 2002

Hi again!

Well, what I keep finding as being compatible with your K6 2 500 are two
motherboard manufacturers:  PC Chips and Asus.  I can attest to the fact
that you won't have a problem with Linux and PC Chips, since that's what I
have.  And they also have onboard stuff such as video, sound and nic, I
think even modem (but the last onboard I had was an HSP 56k Micromodem which
is not Linux compatible so you'd want something other than that brand
there).

Specifically:
PC Chips M583LMR
Asus P5A-B

I'd still want to find the manufacturer of the other parts, particularly
those not currently working, but typically these motherboards come in
packages including those onboards I mentioned.  The reason is that they may
be perfectly compatible, just not with your current proc/board combo AND
Linux.  You may be able to re-use these parts instead of purhasinng a combo
package, saving you a few bucks.

I cc'd Techtalk to see if anyone there can give you some more information or
options!

If you have any questions, just holler!

Tabatha