[Techtalk] Multiple NICs, Bad IRQs?

Jeff Dike jdike at karaya.com
Tue Sep 11 21:30:44 EST 2001

jockgrrl at austin.rr.com said:
> Nope, didn't cure the problem.  I now have eth0 set to IRQ 10 and I'm
> still having framing problems.  This is what I get going to another
> machine on the same 100BaseTX LAN --

Have you checked /var/log/messages on that machine and on other machines
on that ethernet for suspicious-looking messages?

I had a problem with a NIC getting horrid performance and the only hint
of what the problem might be was complaints in the error log of the other
machine.  It turned out to be the NIC trying to be full-duplex on a
half-duplex network.

				Jeff