[Techtalk] Active vs Passive Routing

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Thu Sep 6 15:09:44 EST 2001

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 08:03:31AM -0400 or thereabouts, Subba Rao wrote:
> > gaping holes in my networking knowledge ;-).  A quick search on google
> Thanks for these links and info. I appreciate it.
>
> From now I guess I will start my search at Google.

Heh. Another convert.

> Usually, I start at Yahoo. Do you just enter the keyword or +keyword?
> I do a mandatory find using "+" in front of the keyword(s).

I think the + is assumed so it's generally unnecessary. The exception
is when you want to circumvent "foo is a very common word and has
been ignored" happening in your results. You can force it to be
included with the + sign. A - in front excludes something.

They have lots of other tricks. I have given up using the BBC's
appalling search engine on their websites and now use Google and
add "site:bbc.co.uk" after a query instead. That and other things
are listed somewhere at Google.

Telsa