[Techtalk] SCSI drives on Linux?

Arnold, Derek theunseen at darnold.org
Tue Sep 4 22:20:15 EST 2001

Howdy swamp dweller,

        SCSI is very UNIX/Linux friendly which is good your you.  First of
all, can your machine see your SCSI controller card?  If so, just hook up
your SCSI drive (take note of the SCSI id) and power up in Linux.

   Odds are, your drive will be seen in Linux as /dev/sdax with x being the
scsi id.  Then, run
   mke2fs /dev/sdax

  and that will create an ext2 file system on the scsi drive.

   One GB is still very serviceable so do what your heart desires :-)

 Have fun,

Derek