Subject: [Techtalk] Proposal: A beginner's list.

Betty Johnson bettyj at telusplanet.net
Sun Oct 28 13:19:32 EST 2001

Hi everyone

OK I would like to respond to this proposal

I have been a member of this list for a couple of years but it is only in the
last few months that I have actually had a Linux box up and running, so I am
definitely a newbie when it comes to Linux.

On the other hand, I have been working with computers for many years, working
as a Computer Support Tech in a Windows environment so I am not a newbie as
far as computers are concerned.

I think it is a good idea to have a newbie FAQ and links to information for
newbies, but I would not want to have a separate list because the Linux
"experts" would not necessarily want to be part of a newbie list and it is
possible that we would not get answers to our questions.

And listening to more advanced problems pushes me to a higher level in
wanting to learn more and more.

So I think we are a Linux users group and that is what we have in common, but
recognizing that our levels of knowledge and ability will differ a great
deal, but as long as we are here to help each other out, I do not see the
need for a separate list.

Betty Johnson, MCP
Edmonton AB