[Techtalk] Any Bellsouth dsl users in the house ?

jfweber at eternal.net jfweber at eternal.net
Sat Oct 20 13:52:21 EST 2001

**** imagine; all of everything that is or was, can be reduced to an equation less than one inch long ! ***

Ladies;  Honorable and Honorary,
any help anyone wishes to impart here will be most greatfully recieved, although, any suggestions to "go boil yer 'ead , will be chearfully ignored
Okay , getting completely and thoroughly discusted w/ verio , we have
gone so far as to contact bellSouth .. who , of course , tell us, they
"do not support linux" and wont even send us the modem unless we have
windows something on the box.. <heavy sigh> I still have a windows
partition I can fudge a bit for purposes of this experiment <g> tho
husband is seriously worried that w/o support we wont be able to use it
.. I can't imagine why, if anyone did support an OS I was currently
using , I'd have to see what was further out on the bleeding edge<g>

Anyway, any users of Bell South in particular , or DSL generally  care
to share ? headaches , heartbreaks , willingness to suggest answers to
tech support type questions ..  ??? Especially if you might be willing
to take this off list  for private discussions, and electronic
handholding and "there , there" , type soothing noises for Gil ( that's
the spouse <g>)
/sings "life upon the bleeding edge aint never what a girl supposes .. ( somewhat off key, but to tune of a very old vaudville tune, Life Upon the Wicked Stage .. )

TIA y'all
Blonde

afterthought : DOS tip #17: add DEVICE=FNGRCROS.SYS to CONFIG.SYS.