[Techtalk] If it weren't so embarasssing, it would be funny

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Fri Oct 12 10:29:43 EST 2001

At 10/12/01 06:40 AM , Anne Forker wrote:
> > Oooooooh -- that *does* help. Thanks! I never knew the hwclock command, and
> > it's just what I want right now, to solve a minor cosmetic issue.
>
>Erm. What was wrong?

I wanted to fix the date for real -- have the hardware clock set to GMT,
and have the "displayed system time" be seven hours later. Preferably
*without* losing my uptime just to reset the hardware clock in the BIOS.

Like I said, cosmetic.

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"Lucretia, my reflection, dance the ghost with me."
                                                 --Sisters of Mercy,
                                                  "Lucretia, My
                                                   Reflection"