[Techtalk] Dual-Boot Installation Order?

Nicole Zimmerman colby at wsu.edu
Thu Oct 11 17:59:04 EST 2001

Just a note on this.

Windows 2000 is MUCH more polite on the MBR. I have done tons of
linux-and-then-2k installs without this stupid overwriting the MBR
problem. (Not that the problem is stupid from the linux side, it is stupid
that the problem even exists from the windows side)

Common practice for non-2k (and maybe XP?) installs is to install windows
first, then install linux and configure LILO (or the bootloader of your
choice) to load both linux and windows.

-nicole

At 19:06 on Oct 7, Carla Schroder combined all the right letters to say: