[Techtalk] Dual-Boot Installation Order?

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Sun Oct 7 19:06:12 EST 2001

Windows assumes that It Is The Only One, and overwrites the MBR, erasing all
traces of any other non-Windows OS.  Unlike Lilo or Grub, which recognize
other OSs and make room for them in the bootloader, Windows does not share.
It also is hardcore about the cylinder 1024 limit.

If you install Linux first, Windows will overwrite the MBR, and you'll need
your handy Linux boot disk if you ever want to see it again.

Carla Schroder, Ace PC Goddess
Plain English Spoken Here
www.bratgrrl.com
this message brought to you by Kmail, on Mandrake Linux 8.1