[Techtalk] Windows extension (*.lwp)

James Sutherland jas88 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Oct 9 22:09:56 EST 2001

On Tue, 9 Oct 2001, Jennifer Davis wrote:

> Hi, I got a document at work today that I, being the office geek should
> be able to open.  It's LWP.  I have never heard of that before.  I can't
> seem to open it.  Does anyone have any idea what it is?

ISTR that extension being used by Lotus Word Pro (successor to Ami Pro),
part of their office suite?

As a general rule, the Unix "file" command is a good place to start;
running it through "strings" may also give some hints. On Windows, the
Quick View Plus tool from Jasc is pretty good for viewing/printing
"strange" file types, but I haven't seen a Unix counterpart yet :(

James.
--
"Our attitude with TCP/IP is, `Hey, we'll do it, but don't make a big
system, because we can't fix it if it breaks -- nobody can.'"

"TCP/IP is OK if you've got a little informal club, and it doesn't make
any difference if it takes a while to fix it."
		-- Ken Olson, in Digital News, 1988