[Techtalk] US of A, Yep... and more rambling

wny-tc at juno.com wny-tc at juno.com
Sun Oct 7 10:04:43 EST 2001

Hello to the list, Keith here in the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamp in
western NY state...

Yes Kai, there are others on the List that are in the good ole' US of A

An interesting collection of replies, and one that gives credence to the
"Think Globally, Act Locally" bumper sticker that the family auto sports.
 Plenty of US participants, plenty from Europe, Australia, some Asians,
no Africans that I have noted, same with South America but nobody for
Antarctica other than everyone's favorite Linux Logo  :-)

We are all in the same place, just not in the same house.

I have to admit that I am a lurker here on the list.  My Linux machine is
still on the shelf with a 2-year old distro in the box, not installed
yet.  My daughter reads thru the posts at times, my wife is a bit of a
technophobe and hasn't come to terms with her beloved Smith-Corona
breaking down with no spare parts available anywhere.

She uses Software602's word processor without having a clue as to what it
is, or the message that it send about MicroSoft Bloatware to the Fans of
Bill Gates (Not many around here...)

I'll get a Linux box running before we reach Mars (I hope) and until then
I'll collect all of the tips and tricks of the trade that I can.  My
brother runs Linux boxes at the National Weather Service and is overjoyed
with their stability and functionality.  I am trying to convince him to
get his Amateur Radio license and he's trying to convince me to get the
Linux Box on-line...

As a fair exchange, if anyone on the list has Amateur-Radio related
questions, drop me a line (direct, please) and I will be glad to help.  I
am the Tech Coordinator for the American Radio Relay League's Western NY
section and wear the "Answer Dude" hat a lot in that respect...

73, Wm. Keith Hibbert, WB2VUO, Trustee of the NQ2RP/B 10 M beacon
President, Brockport Amateur Radio Klub (BARK),
Technical Coordinator, ARRL WNY Section
Ph - 716.494.1239
mailto:wb2vuo at arrl.net
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!