[Techtalk] Build it! redux, and AMD woes

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Nov 11 12:09:44 EST 2001

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 06:51:01PM -0800 or thereabouts, Akkana wrote:
> You all convinced me that building a box was the right approach
> (you're right -- more fun that way, and it's nice to know details
> of what's in the box and why) and after reading all the AMD
> testimonials, and doing some web searching that showed me that
> absolutely everyone thinks the Athlons outrun the P4s for non-gamers,
> I built myself an Athlon XP 1.4GHz (Palomino) based system.

Now the other problems are looking more fixable, I am dying to know:
how did building it actually go? Did you find any more "I wish
someone had warned me" areas, after the great long list from here
earlier?

And did you get the "arrgh, find hammer" sort of clip on the fan,
or the "shake it and it falls off" sort?

:)

Telsa