[Techtalk] Aiee, Kernel Panic! with scsi device

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Tue Nov 6 16:01:14 EST 2001

stephanie1200 at netscape.net wrote:

> "Unable to handle kernel paging request @ virtual address 0150ad0a
> Printing eip: c01e2965
> Aiee, Killing Interrupt handler!
> In interrupt handler - not syncing"

There are comments about 'Aiee, Killing Interrupt handler!' (or more
precisely, "The dreaded 'Aiee.... (etc)" in the FAQ for the linux-kernel
mailing list.

They're not helpful for actually fixing the problem, but they might
help you understand the problem.

For more (possible) help, check my article on 'post-crash post-mortems'
on http://www.oreillynet.com/ - it's on the top page last I checked, but
if it's not there, check under the Linux subsection.

I don't know the solutions for your specific problem, but if you need
help with diagnostics after checking my article, feel free to ask.

But first, read Telsa's suggestions. :) Her local Linux guru is FAR
more guru than me. (Compared to him, I'm a raw beginner.)

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com     Jenn Vesperman     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/