[Techtalk] emacs

Raven Brooke rbrooke at maine.rr.com
Thu Nov 1 19:39:37 EST 2001

hey thx this was very helpful  : )

one more emacs question pls?

I am trying to have emacs display with a black bg, white fg. I have
created a .Xresources file in my home directory. I put the .Xresources
file in my FILESEARCHPATH. No dice - white bg. I have searched in every
FAQ I can find, but am still not able to determine why emacs ignores my
.Xresources. Is this even the best way to control this behavior?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Raven