[techtalk] Opinion needed on Mail Clients

piglet piglet at rootsweb.com
Thu May 31 14:36:58 EST 2001

Well, I'll admit up front it doesn't meet the requirements: it's a KDE
solution.  But I've had very good luck with kmail; it handles multiple
accounts well, and you can pick up mail from all of them or from individual
accounts selectively; it filters to folders nicely, although it doesn't
handle subfolders.

And I'm a linux newbie, coming from a heavy mail load on (at various times,
various winboxen) Outlook, Outlook Express and Netscape, and I've not had to
ask anyone for any help with kmail....and it functions as a very similar
feel.

The only thing I haven't figured out about it (admitting, I really haven't
*looked* as it hasn't been a Major Issue for me) is where to set what it
uses as a default browser when you click on links.

--pig