[techtalk] Well, it doesn't matter anyway

Ruhiel ruhiel at noom.com
Sun May 27 14:15:57 EST 2001

"Rebecca J. Walter" wrote:

> you just ran an intermediate step.  the regular setup is similiar to the
> live eval.  the live eval is mainly for testing if hardware works or for
> running on systems where you cant install much.

Well, I got it right eventually :) I got the full version day before
yesterday, and installed it without a hitch (kind of). The only parts
that won't work is the sound (WinModem combo card- not supported),
printer because I haven't set it up, and the CD burner which I
understand can be a PITA. But it's on, it's running (right now,
actually) and i'm learning all the bits and bobs that make up the
system. GNOME & KDE make that easier. I found a couple of websites
that have basic command tutorials. I can't get any more books right
now, and the ones I have are limited. But i'm getting there. And BTW,
I had no problems with the display this time :)

Ruhiel