[techtalk] SSL certificates

Michelle Murrain mpm at norwottuck.com
Fri May 25 11:57:17 EST 2001

On Friday 25 May 2001 11:20 am, Julie Meloni wrote:
> > I did finally get apache-ssl to work fine, but for some reason that is
> > not apparent to me, Internet explorer (not netscape, not opera) says that
> > the "identity certificate is invalid".
>
> There are a nice set of IE/SSL bugs.  If you thought the initial SSL
> documentation was....interesting, don't even try to track down the
> various permutations of IE/SSL bugs and bug fixes.  Let your friends
> help.  It will save you some bald patches in your head.
>
> Can you post the version of Apache, mod_ssl, openssl that you're using,
> as well as any other platform info that may be relevant?  Also, a nice
> little snippet of the ssl error log would also be helpful.

I'm running apache-ssl, not apache with mod_ssl (would that be a better
choice?)

Server: Debian potato
Version of apache-ssl: 1.3.9.13-2

Method of installation: apt-get.

Openssl version: 0.9.6-0.potato.4

The error log: this simple:
[Fri May 25 11:54:26 2001] [error] SSL_accept failed

Thanks!!

Michelle
Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.
President