[techtalk] SSL certificates

Julie Meloni julie at thickbook.com
Fri May 25 08:20:53 EST 2001

> I did finally get apache-ssl to work fine, but for some reason that is not
> apparent to me, Internet explorer (not netscape, not opera) says that the
> "identity certificate is invalid".

There are a nice set of IE/SSL bugs.  If you thought the initial SSL
documentation was....interesting, don't even try to track down the
various permutations of IE/SSL bugs and bug fixes.  Let your friends
help.  It will save you some bald patches in your head.

Can you post the version of Apache, mod_ssl, openssl that you're using,
as well as any other platform info that may be relevant?  Also, a nice
little snippet of the ssl error log would also be helpful.

This IS solvable, don't worry.  :)

- Julie

| Julie Meloni (julie at thickbook.com)     |
| "PHP Essentials" and "PHP Fast & Easy" |
|       http://www.thickbook.com         |