[techtalk] newbie

Nancy Corbett nancy at netleaf.com
Fri May 18 12:54:23 EST 2001

On Fri, 18 May 2001, Scott wrote:

> Do not know enough the db that comes with Star Office.

You could load mysql by going to http://www.mysql.org.  Webmonkey
has a great tutorial for it as well.

I'll second everything Scott said and would like to add:

One thing to note is that you are entering the realm of open source! Yay!
There are many tools out there, and lots of them are  free.  Some of them
are quite robust, while others leave a lot to be desired.  The ones more
widely used will have many avenues for support and learning.

Enjoy!
Nancy