[techtalk] Java

Scott scott at talon.net
Thu May 17 10:53:55 EST 2001

At 02:40 PM 5/17/2001 +0100, James Sutherland wrote:
>Have you tried running Apache+PHP on a Win2k box? Is the constraint that
>you must be using Win2k, or that you must be "all-MS"?? If the former,
>running Apache+PHP on Win2k would be a nice non-proprietary solution.

I have run the cgi version of PHP on IIS 4 & 5, my concern and maybe this has
been solved, but the front end piece of this software is client/server and I am
calling a lot of their stored procedures and sql server functions.  Can PHP can
call the stored procedures and functions?  If it can, consider the conversion
done!

>I haven't tried any server-side stuff in Java, but that would also be a
>good way to stop your clients being so locked in to MS...

A lot of clients are concerned with the new MS license policy and this might be
a nice way to help.

-Scott