[techtalk] window manager preference?

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Thu May 17 19:22:07 EST 2001

coldfire wrote:

> i was just curious what the window manager of choice is on this list :) ..
> i'm a die hard windowmaker fan ... but i just installed enlightenment and
> it's not that bad .. a bit resource intensive though .. same for GNOME
> from my experiences.  i think blackbox is next on my list.  haven't used
> that for a while now ..

Heh. Whichever one is the default of the Gnome installation of the
day. I'm an 'if it works, don't futz with it unless you feel like it'
sort of girl. And so far, I haven't felt like futzing with my
window manager.

As for Gnome being resource intensive: I haven't noticed. But I
keep my box specced fairly high, it also runs Windows to run my
library of games.

Jenn V.

jenn at simegen.com     Jenn Vesperman     http://www.simegen.com/~jenn/