[techtalk] message to all

Linda MacPhee-Cobb prettyphysicslady at hotmail.com
Wed May 16 18:07:25 EST 2001

I would like to address several issues quickly here.

First to the person who thought that it was foolish to have security set at
medium on a linux box.  rtfm.  That is where security should be set for a
client machine on line.  High and paranoid are only for servers and render
the box useless for everything but solitare.

To the owners of ip #211.72.43.234 & #10.91.218.147, if you continue to
attempt to break into my computer I will take the time to hunt you donw and
locate your employer/college and I will send appropriate documentation, log
files, and a letter to your respective employer's/school's and inform them.
(Same goes for anyother ip numbers that show up in my log files)  It has
been 4 days you have not gotten in.  You will have to do better than running
someone else's kiddie scripts.  Get a life.  (and some computer skills while
you are at it.)

To Jenn who thought using 'pretty' in my email address was inappropriate.
How about the email you sent to Connie about your triple D tits?  His wife
is still laughing.  She did ask that I mention to you that insurance will
cover the surgery necessary to fix your disfigurement. If you deny this she
will forward the email, with your ip and message number to everyone who ever
posted here.  She is a very good friend of mine.  She isn't working now and
might even take the time to send it to everyone in your school/employer's
office.

To others these links may be useful...
http://www.psionic.com
http://www.bastille-linux.com
http://www.nsa.gov

These are open source firewalls and security tools for linux. These tools
are painless to set up and use, one not need spend valuable time playing
mechanic. The new mandrake 8.0 has built in security tools which are
painless to use.

If you will all kindly stay away from me, and my computer... I'll return the
favor in kind.