[techtalk] Re: Caldera Open Linux eDesktop 2.4 Installation

Daniel Manrique roadmr at entropia.com.mx
Mon May 14 19:38:01 EST 2001

> You have three options:  1) Actually beg, borrow, buy, or steal a copy of
> Partition Magic or any other equivalent program, 2) add a second hard drive
> and install Linux on that, leaving your Windows drive intact.  I highly
> recommend this option, as there is little or no chance of destroying your
> Windows stuff this way, or 3) Use a distribution of Linux that can install
> into your existing FAT32 partition without having a partition of it's own
> (i.e.: Red Hat Linux 7.1).

4) get a copy of GNU parted and use that to resize your partition.

Parted is less than friendly but has proved very effective for me.

As always, do make backups of your vital information because those
programs are not foolproof. I've actually had Partition Magic itself
losing all my data. Good thang i had it backed up :)

http://www.gnu.org/software/parted/

The easiest way to get parted up and running is by downloading the
bootdisk from their ftp area.

hope this helps.

	- Roadmaster

*