[techtalk] Layman's Guides to Computer Security

David Merrill david at lupercalia.net
Mon May 14 19:10:06 EST 2001

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 08:24:14AM +1000, jenn at simegen.com wrote:
> J-Mag Guthrie wrote:
>

> > Novice?  Newbie?
>
> I want something which clearly states that I know it's not
> necessarily something they *want* to learn. Like I don't want
> motor-mechanics-for-the-novice because I'm not intending to be
> a motor mechanic.
>
> I'd say 'for the home user', except that this is for business
> people too. :/

I like `backgrounder' or `introduction to...'. I don't particularly
like `layman', mostly because after reading your docs I don't think
they are useful only to laymen. But ymmv and all that...

hth,

Linux Documentation Project                   david at lupercalia.net
                                       Finger me for my public key

You don't have to know how the computer works, just how to work the computer.