[techtalk] Layman's Guides to Computer Security

jenn at simegen.com jenn at simegen.com
Tue May 15 08:24:36 EST 2001

J-Mag Guthrie wrote:

> Novice?  Newbie?

I want something which clearly states that I know it's not
necessarily something they *want* to learn. Like I don't want
motor-mechanics-for-the-novice because I'm not intending to be
a motor mechanic.

I'd say 'for the home user', except that this is for business
people too. :/

> When I was in college, lo these many years ago, there
> were math and engineering classes that were specifically for "non-major"
> so maybe something like "Computer Security for the Non-Admin" or even "The
> Non-Geek's Guide..."

To me, non-whatever sounds negative. :/

Thank you for the suggestions, though!

Jenn V.