[techtalk] GTK+ Prob - Mandrake 8

coldfire rolick571 at duq.edu
Mon May 14 05:25:57 EST 2001

> #!/bin/bash
>
> ssh -l root localhost '/usr/bin/xcdroast $*'
>
> ########## end ##############
>
> save that as xcdroast.sh

i don't believe this script will work .. if 'xcdrgtk' is run by root, it
would return a "connection to <display> refused by server" unless properly
configured.  which would be more trouble than it's worth.

> > I am using Mandrake 8 and have added the rpm
> > xcdroast-0.98alpha8-1.i586.mandrake72.rpm.  The above warning get
> > displayed when ran as "root" user or any other ordinary user.
>
> Alternatively, you could "chmod -s xcdroast" and then run it as root.

check your version of GTK+ .. if it is indeed 1.2.9 or newer, this will
probably be your best solution until niederreiter fixes it for the stable
release.

abe