[techtalk] Re: techtalk digest, Vol 1 #445 - 11 msgs

Kai MacTane kmactane at GothPunk.com
Fri May 11 21:37:52 EST 2001

At 5/11/01 07:47 PM , Linda MacPhee-Cobb wrote:

 >But again, if it is a 'recovery thing' where is the documentation?  Why
wasn't >it clearly in the manual?

I can't recall how many manuals I've seen that mention "linux single".
Heck, I just advised a friend to boot in single-user mode a couple of days
ago when she was dealing with an ailing system. She didn't say anything
like "What's that?"; her reaction was, "Oh, yeah, that might help here.
I'll try that."

                                                 --Kai MacTane
"Soft and only you, lost and only you,
  Strange as angels."