[techtalk] Re: techtalk digest, Vol 1 #445 - 11 msgs

Linda MacPhee-Cobb prettyphysicslady at hotmail.com
Fri May 11 22:47:09 EST 2001

But again, if it is a 'recovery thing' where is the documentation?  Why
wasn't it clearly in the manual?

Why bother having passwords if anybody can get around them?  Don't you think
that by putting encrypted passwords on a computer one would be led to
believe that a password was needed to gain entry?  Especially since linux
makes such a big deal about how secure it is.

Yes you can pull out the hard drive and stick it in another machine.  You
can take a crow bar to my back door and get in my house as well.

But if all your neighbors had a pass key to your house when you bought it
and you were not told about it wouldn't you feel a bit violated?

That is how this is... a hidden way in, and it leads one to wonder what else
is hidden and why.

Linda