[techtalk] Button scrolling in X 4.0.2 on Toshiba laptop.

Nicole Zimmerman colby at wsu.edu
Mon May 7 13:40:09 EST 2001

http://sites.netscape.net/andreasplesch/XF86Config
(from http://sites.netscape.net/andreasplesch/toshiba.htm )

This person has a Toshiba 2800 series and uses

        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 2"

In his/her "InputDevice" section for that "mouse".

BTW for any laptop issues you might always check
http://www.linux-laptops.net out first, there are user-made HOWTOs and
information (often common problems and troubleshoots, lots of times
XF86Configs). I have used this a *lot* for diagnosing and fixing problems
on laptops and have found it incredibly useful.

-nicole

At 15:30 on May 7, The Cat In The Hat combined all the right letters to say:

>     I have a Toshiba Satellite 2800 series laptop.  I am trying to get the
> two little buttons on it to work as scroll up and scroll down buttons.

<snip>