[techtalk] Button scrolling in X 4.0.2 on Toshiba laptop.

The Cat In The Hat catnthat at rootslash.org
Mon May 7 15:30:34 EST 2001

Hey all,

    Not sure if you have hashed this out yet but here it is.

    I have a Toshiba Satellite 2800 series laptop.  I am trying to get the
two little buttons on it to work as scroll up and scroll down buttons.

    I had this working under XFree86 3.3.6 with imwheel, but I upgraded to
Xfree86 4.0.2 because of better support for my video card.

    When I did this I lost the scrolling functionality.  Imwheel doesn't
appear to play well with 4.0.2, I followed all the documentation on the the
XFree86, imwheel, and google, to no avail.

    If anyone can assist me that would be great, I can post any files you
would like to see on my site.

Config:

Debian 2.2r2 with updates to some sid versions.
XFree86 4.0.2
IMWheel 0.9.9

Regards,

CatNTHat