[techtalk] Pine and new mail

Jason MisterRain at intemperance.net
Fri Mar 9 09:59:15 EST 2001

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, the purple poetry goddess wrote:

> 	One other setting you might want to set, under "Advanced User
> Preferences", is check-newmail-when-quitting.  It will prompt you to
> "Quit, even tho new mail has arrived?"

I think I've isolated the oddness.  If I change the refresh interval (I
forget the variable name now) in my .pinerc, it doesn't do anything.  I
tried changing it in /etc/pine.conf, and suddenly it's working.  Beats me,
since it's reading other configuration settings just fine from .pinerc.
(There's nothing at all set in /etc/pine.conf.fixed.)

Likewise, in the process of investigating the problem, I did discover the
check-newmail-when-quitting.setting, activated it in .pinerc, and no dice.
I'll try putting it in /etc/pine.conf just to see.  (I'm pretty much the
only user on my system, so I can tinker at will.)

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

Jason

Jason Puckett  / MisterRain at intemperance.net  / www.intemperance.net
	"I'm a fraud.  A poor, lazy, sexy fraud."  -- Bender
 (If mail to intemperance.net fails, use misterrain at telocity.com)