[techtalk] Looking for a script

Conor Daly conor.daly at oceanfree.net
Sat Jun 16 09:09:11 EST 2001

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 11:38:33PM +0100 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
Conor Daly thought:
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 07:45:37AM -0700 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
> Keith Barringer thought:
> > Some time ago I posted a question here regarding FTP
> > servers.  From that I picked out ProFTPd and it has
> > been doing a wonderful job ever since.
> >
> > The system has a limited hard drive area and I am
> > looking for a script/program that I could run to
> > delete files after they have been on the box for a
> > length of time.  The easier to configure, the better
> > and I only need it to run on the subdirectories of the
> > FTP folder.
> >

> The easiest one is a script run by cron.daily (ie once per day) to delete
> anything X days old (Doing the first-time delete of anything older than
> X days is left as an exercise for the reader).  Goes like this:
>
> find $FTP_ROOT (-ctime | -atime) $X -exec rm [-f] {} \;
                ^
            -name '*'

You might want to add the above also.

Conor

Domestic Sysadmin :-)
Faenor.cod.ie
  9:08am  up 1 day,  9:25,  0 users,  load average: 0.33, 0.10, 0.04
Hobbiton.cod.ie
  9:08am  up 1 day,  9:25,  3 users,  load average: 0.15, 0.13, 0.13