[techtalk] Re: IBM viavoice

Martin.Caitlyn at epamail.epa.gov Martin.Caitlyn at epamail.epa.gov
Tue Jun 12 10:45:06 EST 2001

Hi, Melanie,

> I picked up that Mandrake package and installed Via Voice, but
unfortunately
> there seems to be something wrong inside my computer.. It can't make any
> sound come out of my speakers and I can't figgure out why... *sigh*

Have you gone into harddrake?  What is it showing for your sound card?  Is
the information there correct?  If not, have you tried to correct what's
there?

Also, are you receiveing any error messages?  Is the sound module loading
at boot time?  What kind of a sound card do you have?

It is quite possible to troubleshoot sound problems.  Give us (the list)
some clues and let us help you.

Regards,
Caity