[techtalk] Re: IBM Via Voice

Bek Oberin gossamer at tertius.net.au
Tue Jun 12 11:29:16 EST 2001

[Moved to techtalk as that's the appropriate place I think]

Martin.Caitlyn at epamail.epa.gov wrote:
> Hi, Bek, and everyone else,
> > Not much I -can- do.  I don't use Windows at all but I may soon
> > be forced to because my hands are deteriorating and the Linux
> > voice rec software is not up to scratch yet :(
> Have you tried the Via Voice software from IBM?  I know it worked halfway
> decently with OS/2, and it has to have gotten better since then, I hope.  I
> know it's packaged with the Mandrake 8.0 Power Pack.

I know it's available but I think it's not much use yet.  As far
as I know you need the windows version and a windows setup to
train the thing to your voice,  THEN copy the training files over
to Linux to use them.  If anybody can correct me here I'd love to
hear about  it ...

bekj

--
: Usual state:  (e) None of the above.