[techtalk] Sharing an extended partition with Windows (was: Desktop OS?)

Martin.Caitlyn at epamail.epa.gov Martin.Caitlyn at epamail.epa.gov
Tue Jun 5 10:26:24 EST 2001

Hi, Mary,

Yes, I've gotten Windows NT to share a large extended partition with both
Linux and OS/2.  Here's the catch:  I cheated.  I used Partition Magic to
setup the partitions the way I wanted, and used OS/2's Boot Manager to
select the OS.  LILO lived on the first sector of the Linux partition, not
on the MBR.  Obviously, I used non-Linux tools to make this work.

I know it's not the answer you wanted, but it can be done.

Regards,
Cait

Caitlyn M. Martin             martin.caitlyn at epa.gov
Systems Analyst              (919) 541-4441
Lockheed Martin
(a contractor for the US EPA)