[techtalk] (no subject)

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Jun 4 19:09:30 EST 2001

On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 07:44:34PM +0530 or thereabouts, Suhas Pande wrote:
> Respested Sir; hello;
>  i ve got P!!! 500 MHz,64 Mb SD RAM,i810 E motherboard in my computer.
> I wanted to install Red Hat linux 7.0 version(i ve it's cd).But i am facing
> serious problems in the very begining of the installation.I am not been
> able to boot my computer through the cd rom drive.I have tried to boot it
> from boot diskette,and then  i tried  linux hdX=cdrom by replacing X with
> other variable.But this was'nt working.I have got windows ME so restart
> in MS dos is not available so no way to boot cdrom by autoboot.bat.But
> none of it & other alternatives are wor

It looks like part of the message is missing, but I'll take a shot:

Can you get to the BIOS settings and check that the computer is actually
set up to boot off the CD? Mine has an order to try to boot from,
which I generally have as hard drive first, but when I am installing
on a new computer I have to remember to set it to try to boot off the
CD first.

Telsa