[techtalk] partitioning security (was lilo)

Julie jockgrrl at austin.rr.com
Fri Jul 27 03:00:38 EST 2001

Almut Behrens wrote:
> ... you definitely *are* right.  I apologize for having created
> additional confusion. I obviously misread that paragraph, in particular
> the fact that you were focusing on the effect of the different paths...
> Rereading your statement with a clearer mind now, I can perfectly
> agree. Sorry.

Oh, that's okay.  This very subject was covered in horribly
excruciating detail back when I took the NSA VSA class.  Peeps
get this one wrong all the time.

> Well, I hope that at least some of what I said was helpful to others
> with less unix experience than you, Julie, have...

Any well-thought out discussion of security issues benefits
the people who read it.  A lot of the incorrect thoughts about
security have analogs in other (read: not just pathname resolution
and file access permissions) areas of systems.

> - Almut  (trying to actually *read* next time, before posting)

Does this mean =I= have to start reading as well?!?
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
jockgrrl at austin.rr.com                 or nothing at all.