[techtalk] A Very Grumpy LILO--Help!

coldfire rolick571 at duq.edu
Sat Jul 21 19:08:57 EST 2001

  <snip>

> and now, in my experience .. the best way to clear out the MBR is just
> type 'lilo -b /dev/hda1' then 'lilo -b /dev/hda3' .. usually works out any
> problems when i have them.  however, i'm not sure why .. but the LILO

  <snip>

stupid coldfire .. doesn't know what he's talking about .. for this part,
ignore what i said .. rather, do the whole boot with a DOS disk and type
'fdisk /mbr' to nuke the MBR.  then just install LILO to the superblock of
the linux partition and flag that partition bootable.  install lilo like
normal and see how well that goes.  :)

coldie