[techtalk] Hi Everyone!

Jodi Trautman jodi_trautman at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 20 15:06:21 EST 2001

My name is Jodi Lynn Trautman but you can call me
jodi, jodes, jodester (rhymes with roadster) or JL.I
currently reside in Columbia, MD. USA  I've been doing
computer support since 92 and have fought my way from
tape jockey to more sysadmin stuff (Novell first, then
WINNT) now I'm trying to learn about LINUX because:

I've been tasked at work with leading (yikes) a team
developing standards and procedures for LINUX support.
Luckily, I have a great team and we are all learning
together. We use Red Hat, from 6.0 up to 7.1.

I'm a complete and utter newbie at this. All I know is
DON'T EVER type rm -rf * while logged in as su and
sitting on / !!! =)

And deleting /etc (even by accident but especially not
for fun) is not a good thing, either.

Well, as long as I am not in a production environment,
I find the break/fix way of learning really drives it
home for me.

I turned 30 on 7.16.01 but still get carded for
alcohol. Yippee!

Other than computers, I run, fly-fish have just taking
up sewing(!), write, draw and love to read almost
anything, but am particularly fond of Umberto Eco.

So that's me.
jodi