[techtalk] Linux replacement for Outlook/Exchange

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Mon Jul 9 20:10:18 EST 2001

Howdy Techtalkers,

The one killer app that keeps a lot of small businesses from migrating to a
Linux backend is Outlook/Exchange, with the group calendaring, shared
folders, mail list management, and stuff. I've had a lot of success putting
small biz on Linux file and print servers, authentication and user account
management, firewall and proxy server. But when it comes to groupware, some
of them want their durned Outlook. (could be worse- like Lotus Notes.)

I'm looking at Crosswind, http://www.crosswind.com, it looks good and the
price is OK. iPlanet has such a sucky Website I gave up- got any other
ideas? I prefer something that is complete, robust, and ready to use, but
I'll look at promising things that are still in development.

Thanks much!

Carla Schroder, Ace PC Goddess
Plain English spoken here
www.bratgrrl.com