[techtalk] Holy moly it might be working!

Raven, in recursion damask0 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 12:48:53 EST 2001

Heya --

> I can ping www.kathweb.net from two different machines.  Can you guys
> ping it?
>
> However, I can't ping regular vanilla "kathweb.net" nor can I do a
> nslookup on "kathweb.net"

     You have to have a record in your db file pointing at a blank name
(to which the default domain is automagically appended -- so it will
resolve just kathweb.net as opposed to www.kathweb.net.).  I'd suggest
just CNAMEing it.  Add that record and you should be fine.

Cheers,
Raven

=====
"Empty your heart of its mortal dream.
 The winds awaken, the leaves whirl round..."
 -- William Butler Yeats, "The Hosting of the Sidhe"