[techtalk] .biz, .info new domain news

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Tue Jan 9 21:13:40 EST 2001

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 12:05:33PM -0600 or thereabouts, Kathryn Hogg wrote:
> Martin.Caitlyn at epamail.epa.gov said:
> > Deb:  Do we have any SPAM blocking software for linuxchix.org?
>
> My real question is if these spammers are actually subscribed to the list?
> If not, then why is the list allowing posts from non-subscribers and if so,
> I surely hope they've been blocked.

I await the day with horror when the spambots get the trick of looking
for mailman lists, subscribing (the message is pretty standard and
requires you merely to reply with the subject intact or quote a single
line of the body), sending the stuff, and unsubscribing.

Telsa ("always look on the bright side of life...")