[techtalk] Re: Web-based e-mail for Linux?

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Wed Feb 28 14:28:49 EST 2001

Thanks Barbara! And also everyone else who responded!

The suggestions are helpful, but I was wondering if there are any programs
that people especially like?  For example, I now realize realize there are
actually hundreds of Web-based e-mail programs out there (about 200 at
hotscripts.com alone).  Does anyone have any that they particularly like?

Ideally, I'd like one that would let users have folders, addressbooks,
saving drafts, a sent mail folder, and rules.  I'm hoping to setup something
as easy to use as Hotmail or Yahoo! Mail.  It won't be for a lot of users --
just me and some friends (most of whom are non-technical, hence the desire
for easy to use Web e-mail).

So far, IMP looks pretty promising because it supports IMAP (including
managing folders), contacts, and attachments. Pretty much the only things
lacking are rules and drafts and sent mail folders (I suppose all of these
could be done manually, but if there's something out there that does these
things, that'd be great!).

Thanks!

Jen