[Techtalk] mpg123 error

Raven Brooke rbrooke at maine.rr.com
Tue Dec 4 08:50:20 EST 2001

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Telsa Gwynne wrote:

> I don't think you normally need libraries in your path, do you?

I wouldn't have thought so, I was trying everything I could think of  : )
It certainly was progress, though that may have been due to the artsd
having hogged the lib or some such.

> I have had that kind of behaviour, which I have generally ascribed to
> bad mp3s. But I presume these are the same mp3s which KDE will play?
> Once or twice I've come across the occasional mp3 which xmms will
> play but mp123 won't. So is this for lots, or just one or two?

Yes, it is the same mp3's that play in KDE. XMMS is also not functional.
IT seems all mp3's will play with kde, none will play with any other
program.

> Yeah, know that feeling.

: )

> Telsa